Tropical whimsical fantasy

Mural Goa December 2020

Background - So this is my official first mural. I have painted on walls before but this was definitely my first finished piece. Created this mural in one of the Airbnb apartments I was staying with a friend and an artist during the first lockdown but we could travel a bit by then, so we both packed our bags and decided to from busy scary Delhi and decided to stay in Goa for a while. 



About the Mural - Susegad 
The owner of the house requested a mural design associated with the word 'susegad'. I learnt about this word/ a concept / a way of living in Goa. It is associated with easy-going, relaxed, and content approach of Goan people towards life. The word is derived from the Portuguese word "sossegado" meaning quiet.
Hand lettering done by our very own patient dedicate and highly skilled Kanika Sethi I would dare not attempt to do that!





Behind the scenes - As you can see the lighting is poor but we made it work!





The photoshoot - It was fun:)







 

Comments

Popular Posts